The event last week was the best so far - thank you for that!We had nearly 100 of you on our very mobile Monday and a row of prominent speakers covering extremely interesting topics. The open panel discussion was very active as usual and the demos had an interested audience.
We would like to give our special thanks to our speakers:
- Director & Head of Multimedia Sales of Ericsson, Joachim Bergman started with the overall view and description of different problems in the mobile media area - how different players in the field have different views on the subject matter although they "share the same bed". He drew out the outlines of the mobile media business, counterparts and the logic of this business. He also described the difficulties of this emerging market related to the media rights costs, the size of the current market and the miscommunication between parties. The talk was a great introduction for the people who had never peaked into the mobile media sector, giving a very good overview.
- Head of Data Communication and Content Services' Group from EMT, Ando Meentalo gave an operator's view on the subject matter. He began his talk by giving out two Nokia phones, both running live mobile TV on them - if I'm not mistaken it was the MTV's The Real World show. Both phones were running on different technologies, one showing DVB-H broadcast TV and the other streaming TV over a 3.5G network. To my surprise the quality was just amazing, I could even read the Estonian subtitles on the phone screens. The talk was also interesting giving a lot of new information about the mobile media sector in Estonia.
- IT Manager of Delfi, Mait Tafenau gave us a presentation of Delfis' brand new mobile platform, basically two new mobile platforms, one for iPhone like mobile devices iphone.delfi.ee and one for older mobile phones at mobile.publik.ee. This was the first public presentation of the platform, short and to the point and again, audience had the possibility to try out the portals on different devices from an iPhone to a Sony Playstation Portable.
- The Open Panel Discussion featured this time: Andres Jõesaar - the Head of Corporate Sales and Content Services at Tele2, Jaanus Lillenberg - the Head of Development and Marketing at Postimees, Jouko Vierumäki - the CEO of Fromdistance, and Joachim Bergman the speaker from Ericsson. The discussion was lead by Priit Salumaa - one of the Founders of MoMo Estonia. The Discussion again emphasized the different view of mobile operators, media companies, hardware providers and application development companies. The discussion was both heated and involved between the audience and panelists, covering among other things different failures and success stories.
- After the presentations and the open panel discussion Ericsson had two demos going on: MeOnTV and MSDP. The MeOnTV was quite a remarkable system to handle and present different TV streams on mobile phones and other devices, and MSDP was a very powerful tool to build and maintain mobile portals.
The informal part of the event was very relaxed with networking between the attendees. We have to thank our very kind sponsor Ericsson for the wonderful variety of snacks and beverages.
This was surely our best MoMo Estonia event so far, with some engaging discussions and interesting presentations on an interesting and novel topic - thankyou to all attendees!
As always, you can check out photos from the event on our Flickr stream.