LATITUDE 59 CONFERENCE DATES: JUNE 7-8, 2012 PLACE: TALLINN, ESTONIA VENUE: Tallinn University of Technology, Ehitajate tee 5, 19086 Tallinn, Estonia The go-to place for the Nordic and Baltic start-up scene for venture capitalists and start-ups in the spring. Bringing out the alternative views on what technologies and challenges start-ups are tackling.The goal of the conference is to bring together innovators and startup entrepreneurs to meet angel investors, VC partners, lawyers, and those supporting the global expansion of innovative companies from countries three hundred kilometers either side of Latitude 59.
The focus of the conference is broader than the usual web and mobile startups. It elevates and draws wider attention to alternative areas of technology: biotech and cleantech to name a two for 2012. That differentiates it from a standard startup conference in the region giving its audience a broader and more interesting content.
The Conference is in its Fifth Year as a continuation of the annual conference organized by Enterprise
Estonia and International Technology Law Association in Tallinn since 2008. In 2012 it's going through a strong leap forward with its new organizing partners Garage48, MobileMonday Estonia and Tehnopol Foundation.
Latitude 59 is a partner conference for Slush and Arctic15 autumn conferences in Helsinki. It partners up with Riga Tech Hub, Aalto Venture Garage and Arctic Startup for wider reach in the region.
* Keynote speeches from Toby Ferentzi (Engensa) & Ravi Belani (current seed investor, former VC)
* 8 panel discussion focusing on the following topics:
1. Hot Segments vs Long Tail Opportunities: should biotech industry and energy sector care for the hype in E&M commerce?
2. Biotechnology and Gene Manipulation: is R&D worth the price?
3. Mobile and Entertainment: to build a ’next Rovio’ or not to be?
4. Green Technologies and Materials: the world goes green, will the startups go too?
5. US view on European Innovation Economy: what are the main challenges for Europe in becoming the world innovation leader?
6. Silicon Valley vs UK Term Sheet: what are essential differences when negotiating in UK or in Silicon Valley, how does it compare to Estonia?
7. Global IP Protection: how does ’thinking big’ affect your immaterial assets?
8. Financing a Startup: how do angel groups change the financing game and fit in the possible financing schemes?
* Stories from war-front - "How did we do it" - Kinotehnik experience by Tõnis Liivamägi
* 1:1 chats with Stars from startup community:
- Jüri Kaljundi,Garage48 is interviewing Paul Bragiel (invited) from I/O Ventures in San Francisco about international startups making it big in the US
- Antti Vilpponen, ArcticStartup interviews Timo Rein, CEO of Pipedrive, about their international growth story and experiences in AngelPad accelerator in Silicon Valley.
- Priit Salumaa interviews Jevgeni Kabanov CEO of ZeroTurnaround about their rapid growth from Tartu, Estonia to Boston, USA.
* Latitude59 pitch contest powered by #estonianmafia
* Networking, networking, networking!
The full conference programme can be found here: http://latitude59.ee/program
For the early bird participants we offer a ticket of 59 EUR.
From May 14th the price will go up to 99 EUR so be fast and an early bird!
Registrate now: http://latitude59.ee/about/registration
The attendees of Latitude 59 in Tallinn will get a 25% discount on the tickets for Arctic15.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE HOTEL ROOMS ARE SELLING FAST AND MAKE YOUR BOOKING NOW!
* Garage48 (www.garage48.org)
* MobileMonday Estonia (www.momoestonia.com)
* Tehnopol Foundation (www.tehnopol.ee)
* Enterprise Estonia (www.eas.ee)
* City of Tallinn (www.tallinn.ee)
* GLIMSTEDT (www.glimstedt.ee)
* SNR Denton (www.snrdenton.com)
* Tallinn University of Technology (www.ttu.ee)
* ITL (www.itl.ee)
* Edicy (www.edicy.com)
Be part of Latitude 59 Conference and find out what is happening on the start-up scene of Latitude 59!